2010年3月24日星期三

Writing up 1




Last semester my essay is talk about the mask. Mask is a symbol of people's inner world. It is cross all over the world, and it is a past and present an important cultural phenomenon. It has a rich cultural connotation and unique external form. It is valued by the academic community. Mask is a special area of the arts. It first appeared in a very remote past. Many tribes and tribal masks are often combined to sculpture and painting to create works quite exciting. Human wearing a mask for several thousand years of history. The first mask may result from hunting activities. In order to facilitate closer to their prey, hunters disguised themselves with masks of various animals. Folk activities around the world, people tend to use the mask to appear as a ghost and all kinds of strange birds and monsters, in order to express the forces of nature worship or in the imagination to conquer the forces of nature. Some of the folk opera performances, the mask is still a major make-up tool. Such as in China,Guizhou, in opera, and so on. Mask has its meaning and spirit. The mask is not just mask on the face. It is a kind of art. It is man who is most fascinated by man. Since he is puzzled by his own being, he is most preoccupied with himself. His self-reflection, which he tries to penetrate, understand, and love, never quite leaves him. Mask has a long history and cultural values. I feel myself have a strong curiosity for the different masks. I like their different shape, pattern, color. So I would like to in-depth understanding its heart, to learn more wider implication.

Lord Byron once said: can not forget the elegance of Venice had: the joy of paradise, people drink, the Italian Supreme's fancy dress party. Masks as a part in Venetian’ life. When People go out, both men and women, they must don the mask, put on cloak. Mask to cover up the true identity of everyone, so people can afford to thumb, wanton spree. Well-known Chinese writer Lu Xun in his book says, "they maintain their 'order' of the prison, they tear up their 'civilized' mask." This mask is means camouflage. Victor Hugo once said, Only the human mind is real. Strictly speaking, as the appearance is merely a mask, the real person inside the person. Walter Sorell in his book The mask in the arts told us, It is a perceptive and wide ranging investigation of the magic and mystery of the mask and in particular of the universal significance of the concept of the mask as it is and has been expressed in the arts. Masks play a vital part in the religious and social activities of many primitive societies throughout the world. It also sometimes is the role of camouflage.

This semester we have learned many ways to further our own research. For example, experiments, observations, interviews and so on. This time, I have studied is the mask behind the story and it has a different meaning and artistic value. My approach is to use an interview. I think the interview is more suited to the theme of my research. Interview was a very common modern means of communication, through the interviews we can know a person's many stories and living environment and so on. Interview allows the interviewer and the interviewee a good communication between, you can also make more people understand the interviewer, you can also let others share the person being interviewed a lot of experience (such as entrepreneurial experience, work experience, life experience, etc. ), Today, an interview is an essential way. Use the interview method, I can go to the representation of different places such as Africa, Asia, Europe and other places to interview the original inhabitants of the local artists. And they share my ideas and put forward my question. Then they can according to their own knowledge and experience tells me that I want to know. Because the masks has a different meaning and story of this issue I have no way to do their own experiments or observation. Because I do not know what is meaning in it. I am not the person that nurtured by mask art. I do not have that experience. I can not imagined. So I have to learn from other people's ideas and stories. I need to listen to the experience of others and their lives. By understanding them, I can be classified as a conclusion. Observation is to recognize an important method of objective things. People's wealth of knowledge acquired through observation. With the general observation that the observer of the phenomena observed to go through summary, comparison, analysis, research, things can only have a relatively complete understanding of the profound and thus to retain its essence. But for my research questions, observation, if more difficult. Because i did not understand, ijust can get the most superficial observation of the phenomenon, such as masks look, shape, color, but I can not observe the inner meaning . Therefore, this method does not help me understand my research.

So I think these were the best way is to interview. But there are some minor problems in progress. Interviews will be subject to conditionality. The constraints of space and time. They also show a time-synchronization. Of course, may be Interviewee very shy and tension. So interviewee does not want communication. So, the interviewer needs to make every effort to create a comfortable environment, patient and talk to them. Do not create tense and serious atmosphere. The interviewer can create a number of jokes make they happy, let them relax.
To sum up, I discussed my research object, the meaning of the value of the mask. And I intend to use the method, and why I use this method, each method different, and other ways deficiencies. In short, the study process will take a careful and serious attitude. In order to obtain better conclusion.

没有评论:

发表评论